Saturday, May 08, 2004

Ahh...Mother's Day


We celebrated Mother's Day today, and I had at least what I believe to be a decent gift for my mother all planned out card and all. There is one part of this plan I had forgot to consider, a chaos factor if you will: ME.

I picked a card up earlier last week and really it is so funny, I would tell you more about it but that is the problem; I haven't given it to her yet. I left this card at my office it where it is nestled next to my monitor. I cannot drive yet and so I have no way to retrieve this card from my office until Monday. I explained all this and my mom seems ok with it.

Oh but I am not done yet doing my best to ruin Mother's Day. I go to Target Friday night to do my shopping for my mom. First off shopping is always lots of fun for me right now, see I get to use those little electric wheel chairs at the stores. I was warned this night that the battery my not last an extended visit to the store, but seeing as how my options are really quite limited I took it anyway. The scooter seemed to be running fine, my selection was made, I was making a last stop to get some razor blades and we were out of there and it happened. A complete shutdown on the part of the scooter. Being in these scooters is really not a lot of fun as it is, so being pushed around in one by your friends is even more humiliating. As Lillian and Robin were shopping a store clerk saw me broken down on the side of the aisle, and radioed for another scooter to be brought out. Oh what fun. We returned to the Auclairs to wrap and to watch a movie.

We ended up watching "The Last Samurai" which had very little appeal to me anyway, so I quickly fell asleep. I was not able to wrap the gift that night. In the morning Lillian is bringing me home and she, being the awesome friend she is, packs up all the stuff; bows, ribbon, and gift. Once again I strike, I totally forget to ask her to bring the wrapping paper. I feel like such a schmuck not only did I succeed in making Lillian feel bad for something that is NOT her fault but because I am a dunderhead my mom's gift went unwrapped. My apologies first to my mom for a gift that did not have proper attire, secondly to Lillian for making her feel bad about something that is not her fault. I hope you can forgive me.