Monday, May 03, 2004

Today Is a New Day


I must admit I felt pretty good yesterday, maybe it is cause I had so many opportunities to go and worship God (3 church services is a bit much even for me). I was with good friends the whole time and every service was a bit different from the one before it, but each was enjoyable and worshipful at the same time. Is the cloud gone? It is hard to say. I just know that today has been just about as good as yesterday, a little more boring though. I had an most interesting conversation with someone I wouldn't have guessed I would have that type of conversation with, and I must say it was most enlightening and refreshing. Who knows it might have given me the swift kick in the pants I needed. I have always stood by this quote and maybe I have forgotten it at this time.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude is more important than the facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is, we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past ... we cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And, so it is with you ... We are in charge of our attitudes. -- Chuck Swindoll

Such great wisdom is shared there, and for many years I can say that I chose to have a great attitude everyday. I don't know what has changed and why I can't make that choice more often now. But thanks to one of my good friends and wonderful students in Crosswalk I will make a bigger effort to chose to not lose sight of the Cross in my decision on what kind of day I am going to have