Thursday, May 12, 2005

That place we call work

So yesterday I find out that my co-worker that has been out having surgery will be out longer. This wouldn't be a big deal except that the department I work in, we are required to work as a team. They brought in someone to fill her space, but until she heals from her surgeries neither I nor my co-worker can take vacations. I had planned one right behind my co-workers vacation. I was not allowed to take my vacation as it would cause our department to fall way behind. So besides moving at the end of June, and taking a couple of days there, I will for the most part go vacationless this year. It is a pretty big bummer, and I won't be able to go see my roommates parents with her either. I like going to visit them. Oh well, I guess this is what it means to be an adult.