Thursday, May 05, 2005

Extreme Makeover

I have this love affair with Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. This is possibly one of my favorite show on TV. Problem is it adversely effects my emotional state so I try not to watch it in large groups. I am VERY jealous of Ty, I really think he has to have one of the best jobs in America right now. He is kind of a modern day Santa Clause, except I don't think Santa could fit a house like one of those in his sleigh.
This past weeks episode was particularly touching for me, cause it dealt with a guy who had lost his sight. My dad was losing his sight when he died 2 years ago. To see the kind of house that was built for this guy to help him get around and to know what a struggle it is for visually impaired people in general really got the water works going. I would think of how much my dad would have liked those things and how better his life would have been with all those improvements. So don't bother me on Sunday's between 8-9pm unless you plan on watching the show with me.
I miss you dad.