Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Flat Tires

I haven't changed a flat tire in years. I have been fortunate. As a guy it is a skill passed on to my by my father, and a skill I will pass on to my son (provided things change for me in the girl department). I will admit I grown rusty, but I never expected to get a call to change a girl's tire when I was off doing her laundry. Just seems like a funny notion. Her fire had blown on the interstate, and if you have ever changed a tire on the shoulder of a highway you know, IT SUCKS. All the cars whizzing by you, trying to concentrate on getting the tire changed while at the same time trying to stay out of cars. A cop stopped by and really offered no help but to hold the flashlight. He did comment on how gross the milky white pool of liquid was in her trunk. I would have to agree. It was VERY gross.
Well not even a week later, I get a similar call to come change the tire of another friend whose tire went flat in her employers parking lot. I have to admit it was a MUCH easier tire to change. I was just surprised that I get two calls to change tires in less than a week. I feel very masculine for a change. Well I need to finish getting ready for work.....away I go.